Pakistan’s Bandwidth Capacity Increases 4X with New 24Tbps

FARRUKH

Pakistan’s Bandwidth Capacity Increases 4X with New 24Tbps

Post by FARRUKH »

[attachment=1]Untitled.jpg[/attachment]
SEA-ME-WE-5 today announced the completion of its 20,000 km long under-sea submarine cable that also connects to Pakistan through a TWA landing station in Karachi.

SEA-ME-WE-5 will be managed and maintained by TWA in Pakistan, which is part of the consortium along with other leading telecom operators from 16 countries.

With this, 24Tbps of additional internet bandwidth is made available to Pakistan.

SEA-ME-WE-5 is a 20,000Km long cable system that connects Singapore to Europe (Italy and France) and traverses Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Myanmar, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Oman, UAE, Yemen, Djibouti and Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
[attachment=0]a.jpg[/attachment]
Not to mention, end users should not expect immediate increase in speeds. Instead, internet operators (telecom and ISPs) will now have the opportunity to buy wider pipes of internet bandwidth that will ultimately benefit end-users.

Just in case if you are wondering, Pakistan’s total internet capacity before today was less than 7 Tbps. With with SEA-ME-WE-5 going live, Pakistan’s new internet bandwidth capacity now hovers around 31 Tbps.

Pakistan’s international links and bandwidth capacity include:

TW1 with design capacity of 1.28Tbps
Sea-Me-We-3 with 480 Gbps capacity with two fiber pairs
Sea-Me-We-4 with design capacity of 1.28Tbps
I-ME-WE with design capacity of 3.86Tbps
Sea-Me-We-5 with design capacity of 24Tbps
Soon to be Completed:

Pakistan-China Fiber Optic Back-Haul
Following international links with landing points in Pakistan are under construction:

AAE-1 with design capacity of 40 Tbps
Silk Road Gateway-1 (With landing points in Karachi and Gwadar)
a.jpg
Untitled.jpg
Mediastar MS-Diamond X2 Full 4K
TCL 40" UHD Smart LED Tv
Shabbir 8ft A Quality Motorized
Covering 3.1E to 122E
My Motorized Dish
Hotbird Scan Result
Badrsat Scan Result
Kontinent Scan Result