Starsat 2000 Extreme: NSS and Telekarta (Horizon 85) not working , What`s wrong with me or the receiver??

Previous topicNext topic
tajammalabbas
Registered Member
Registered Member

Starsat 2000 Extreme: NSS and Telekarta (Horizon 85) not working , What`s wrong with me or the receiver??

Post by tajammalabbas »

A.O.A. Brothers,

Well, I bought Startsat 2000 Extreme (@ Rs 6200, RWP), 3 days back, but I am facing the following problems:

1- NSS and Telekarta not working on forever server. only 6 SD channels of Dish Tv work. On the first Day, Dish HD and NSS SD channels were ok. Hotibird Channels are ok, there is no problem so far. whereas, I never tested telekarta before this problem, so have no idea whether telekarta was working on the first day or not.

2- I updated the SW version to the latest V 2.36, provided by Mr. Umair Malik (with thanks), nonetheless, the problem was there before the update. so guess nothing to do with the update.

3- IPTV is oK, Appollo, but the receiver has hung at least each session I watched the IPTV channels and once when I was going through the channels , I mean normal satellite Channels watching. (hanging issue was there before the update as well as after the update)

4- What I noticed in the three days, the satellites installations take too much time, like 6 to 7 minutes and for hot bird it took 9 minutes.

so please have your say, where I went wrong? what should I do? at least to have Dish HD and SD channels as they were there on the first day. Literally, I am , like not feeling good about the receiver, may be I do not know much about it!!! or may be it, itself is irritating enough?? I am waiting for your input on this!
Umair Malik

Post by Umair Malik »

W.Salam

1.NSS6 And Telekarta Are Working On Forever IKS See These Screenshots (These Are Fresh Ones I Took Them Literally 5 Mins Ago) . I Guess You Scanned Both These Packages In Wrong Satellite
For Dish TV SD + HD Scan Them In NSS6 95E
For Telekarta Scan It In Intelsat 15 85.2E

Screenshot_2007-01-01-17-17-08.png
Screenshot_2007-01-01-17-18-40.png
Screenshot_2007-01-01-17-18-59.png

3. For Hanging Issue Do This Trick

Press Menu From Remote
Go To System Settings
Go To System
Scroll Down And Keep Auto Update And DVB2IPTV OFF

Screenshot_2007-01-01-17-19-13.png
4.Channel Searching Do Take Long Time Specially On Hotbird Where There 100 + Tps.
You Will Get Used To It

Let Me Know If The Issues On 95E/85E Still Persist I Will Send You My Receiver's Channel Data
Starsat 2000 Extreme HD
Starsat 2000 Hyper HD

Sony KD49X8500B
Shabir 8-Feet Motorized (With Auto Positioner)
Coverage:-115E To 3.1E

Fixed=105E(C),95E+93.5E(KU),91.5E(C),38.5E(C+KU),26E(KU),13E(KU),9E(KU)
tajammalabbas
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by tajammalabbas »

Thanks Umair,
well, and literally I was stuck to my PC for the whole time, waiting for your response.lol.
ok, got it, I will get used to somethings with the passage of time, fine, but what you said regarding wrong satellites, I didnt get it, actually, channels are there, like in 85 all the channels have been scanned, free channels working good, but paid ones, nopeee..............similarly NSS channels are there, even i said few like 7, 8, are working, but the rest not... HD absolutely not. so ........not sure..... are there any chances I deleted some thing? which i do not know, like keys etc?
I am sure I scanned the channels in the right way as mentioned above.
tajammalabbas
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by tajammalabbas »

Meanwhile, I am waiting for the electricity, load shedding here, then will scan once again,
Umair Malik

Post by Umair Malik »

tajammalabbas wrote: 06 Sep 2018, 7:35 pm Thanks Umair,
well, and literally I was stuck to my PC for the whole time, waiting for your response.lol.
ok, got it, I will get used to somethings with the passage of time, fine, but what you said regarding wrong satellites, I didnt get it, actually, channels are there, like in 85 all the channels have been scanned, free channels working good, but paid ones, nopeee..............similarly NSS channels are there, even i said few like 7, 8, are working, but the rest not... HD absolutely not. so ........not sure..... are there any chances I deleted some thing? which i do not know, like keys etc?
I am sure I scanned the channels in the right way as mentioned above.
In Case Scanning Thing Fail Here Is Plan B :mrgreen:

Extract This .Rar File And And Copy This GX_HD_DatabaseV1.00_1.sdx File Into USB And Load It Via Receiver

This Is My Receiver's BackUp 85E And 95E Are Working On It (Select The Diseqc Correct From Sattelite Menu)

P.S Forever Server Will Removed After Loading This File All You Have To Do Is To Firstly Connect To Internet (By The Way Are You Using WIFI Or LAN If You Are Using WIFI Then Connect The WIFI USB In Front Port Of Receiver In This Way WIFI Will Be Auto Connected )

So Now After Connecting To Wifi
Press Menu From Remote
Go To Network
Go To Server Setting
Scroll To Server Number 40
And Press 3 To Load Default Server
It Will Take 10-15 Sec And Will Be Connected
Starsat 2000 Extreme HD
Starsat 2000 Hyper HD

Sony KD49X8500B

tajammalabbas
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by tajammalabbas »

fine, so do i have to remove the scanned satellite channels of 95, and 85 which i did earlier and then load the file provided by you ? by the way, I use LAN. I think I am heading towards the plan B. I hope and am dead sure there are Plans C, D...............in your repertoire, and bro, you can't say NO! lol.........
Umair Malik

Post by Umair Malik »

tajammalabbas wrote: 06 Sep 2018, 7:53 pm fine, so do i have to remove the scanned satellite channels of 95, and 85 which i did earlier and then load the file provided by you ? by the way, I use LAN. I think I am heading towards the plan B. I hope and am dead sure there are Plans C, D...............in your repertoire, and bro, you can't say NO! lol.........
No You Do not Have To Delete/Remove Anything. After Loading My Provided File Your Receiver's Scanned Sattelite Will Be Replaced By My Receiver's Scanned Sattelite.(I Hope You Got It)
But You Have To Select Correct Diseqc In Receiver's Installation Menu According To Your Diseqc Configuration

Its Fine (LAN) So You Will Be Automatically Be Connected To Internet Unlike In Wifi Where You Have To Wait For Receiver To Connect To Your WIFI Network

I Hope (Pray) There Will Not Be Need Of Plan C,D :mrgreen:
Starsat 2000 Extreme HD
Starsat 2000 Hyper HD

Sony KD49X8500B

tajammalabbas
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by tajammalabbas »

Thanks Umair,
Got it right now, it was my faulty by changing the frequency from Universal to the others, with Universal and re-scan , now everything is fine, Voilaaaa!!!! and of course I am a novice! these are some basic things which I should have known. but anyways, thanks a lot and hope when get stuck again , God forbid, no worries, Master bro you are there...thanks again
Previous topicNext topic