Speaking truth cost place in national team says A.Shehzad

Umair Malik

Speaking truth cost place in national team says A.Shehzad

Post by Umair Malik »

Pakistan opener Ahmed Shehzad believes speaking the truth has cost him a place in the playing XI.

Shehzad, who recently took part in a warm-up match against West Indies in Sharjah, said he believes in speaking his mind even if it comes at the cost of a place in the national team.

“If a good thing is good and a bad is bad, that’s what I believe in saying,” he said. “I know it has cost me dearly in the past, but that’s the way I am and that’s the way I will be in the future,” said Shehzad talking to Express News.

However, the Lahore-born batsman, who was previously axed twice over disciplinary issues, said he is working on improving himself. “If there is something which is really wrong with me, I can assure everyone that I am working on it,” he said. “And I will keep on working on it until I get better at it.”

Shehzad was unable to cement his place in the squad for Pakistan’s upcoming Test series against the West Indies, with selectors favouring left-handed batsman Sami Aslam and ODI captain Azhar Ali as openers.

The three-match series will also feature Pakistan’s first day-night Test, which will take place in Dubai from Thursday onward. The match will be played using a pink ball under lights.

Speaking of this new innovation in international cricket, Shehzad backed the idea of day-night Test. “The world is changing, and every game is bringing innovation to increase the interest of viewers,” he said, adding that the day-night Test was good for the game.
Starsat 2000 Extreme HD
Starsat 2000 Hyper HD

Sony KD49X8500B
Shabir 8-Feet Motorized (With Auto Positioner)
Coverage:-115E To 3.1E

Fixed=105E(C),95E+93.5E(KU),91.5E(C),38.5E(C+KU),26E(KU),13E(KU),9E(KU)