Need to convert XP HDD to an installer

Louis11

Need to convert XP HDD to an installer

Post by Louis11 »

ok heres the short of it, I got a client sill using XP Pro. The system run a DOS program and he can't migrate, the Hard Drive is original to the system. I tried cloning the drive to a new drive but no clone will boot, they all error and restart the system when trying to load Windows, What I want to do is convert his Windows XP as is to a Windows XP installer with full driver sets so that it can be reinstalled cleanly on a new drive but function as if it were a clone of the original drive.
tiger
Gold Contributor
Gold Contributor

Re: Need to convert XP HDD to an installer

Post by tiger »

You want to create a backup of Windows XP+Drivers+Softwares and restore it to different cpu or hdd ?
If yes, then i will recommend Aomei Backupper, Macrium Reflect is also good, when you create backup, while when you want to restore the backup (from backup file,you already created), you should choose option Universal Restore,there.

But i recommend you to use atleast Windows 7, it supports USB installation, Viruses chances are fewer than XP, and Black Screen/Crash will not happen 99% in Windows 7.

IF you want to backup Windows XP+Drivers+Software from C Drive, you should use SYSTEM BACKUP option in AOMEI BACKUPPER
Star Trak i10000 (1506lv)
Sony Bravia KLV-40R352C
Tiger Genuine Remote Available for Sell, Works on T8 High Class HD, T800+ and others
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic