How to grab/capture Solar Energy ..useful gupshup!!

arslantahir1
Registered Member
Registered Member

Re: How to grab/capture Solar Energy ..useful gupshup!!

Post by arslantahir1 »

Asalam o Alikum, To all dear and senior experts in this Thread/Forum

Before i start explaining my queries, please pardon my knowledge or silly questions if there are any

I am planning to install a solar setup, i don't have any idea although i have gone through all the details in this particular thread i still have so many question starting from :

1- How can we determine how much in (kw) a solar setup will be enough ? my home expected load will be 2 fans (almost 24/7), 1 fridge ( 11 CFT haier), 1 desktop pc(650watt) + led monitor (100 watt may be)

2- Can we use solar in a such a way that we don't use batteries ?

3- Where to buy invertors/solar panels in Rawalpindi, and specifically which invertor and what types of panel.

i think those are the very basic questions i need answers of for now.

awaiting valuable suggestions from seniors.

Syed Arslan.
*PAKISTAN ZINDABAD*
piplan1966
Senior Registered Member
Senior Registered Member

Post by piplan1966 »

Brother please wait our brother DM 900uhd can answer your question better because he has started this work so he has more experience.
DM 900uHD
Senior Registered Member
Senior Registered Member

Post by DM 900uHD »

arslantahir1 wrote: 20 Aug 2022, 1:23 pm Asalam o Alikum, To all dear and senior experts in this Thread/Forum

Before i start explaining my queries, please pardon my knowledge or silly questions if there are any

I am planning to install a solar setup, i don't have any idea although i have gone through all the details in this particular thread i still have so many question starting from :

1- How can we determine how much in (kw) a solar setup will be enough ? my home expected load will be 2 fans (almost 24/7), 1 fridge ( 11 CFT haier), 1 desktop pc(650watt) + led monitor (100 watt may be)

3- Where to buy invertors/solar panels in Rawalpindi, and specifically which invertor and what types of panel.

Syed Arslan.
:wsalam: ..every member may ask any type of question concerning solar setup without any botheration ..your regular load is almost 1100-1200 watts ..2.4 KVA invertor can run your asked load excluding non inverter refrigerator ....small inverters like 1.2KW/2.4 KVA doesn't have facility to run without batteries .
Google can help you to find our solar shops around your area.
suggestions in detail can be given if I come to know your range/budget ;)
@piplan1966 ,,,I'm not professional simply home user :-|
XDSR685HDR Avant
OPENBOX AS4K CI Pro
800HDse SIM2.10
Vu+Solo2
Solar setup detail
Fronus PV 5000 INFINEON+
Canadian 450W PV Module
arslantahir1
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by arslantahir1 »

DM 900uHD wrote: 21 Aug 2022, 11:24 am
arslantahir1 wrote: 20 Aug 2022, 1:23 pm Asalam o Alikum, To all dear and senior experts in this Thread/Forum

Syed Arslan.
:wsalam: ..every member may ask any type of question concerning solar setup without any botheration ..your regular load is almost 1100-1200 watts ..2.4 KVA invertor can run your asked load excluding non inverter refrigerator ....small inverters like 1.2KW/2.4 KVA doesn't have facility to run without batteries .
Google can help you to find our solar shops around your area.
suggestions in detail can be given if I come to know your range/budget ;)
@piplan1966 ,,,I'm not professional simply home user :-|

Dear respected @DM 900uHD brother thanks for your response.

regarding your question on my budget dependency , i can manage as long as the solution is reliable and long term.

secondly your suggestion that a 1.2 Kw will be enough considering my load, won't it be better to go for a higher kw invertor may be for future proofing.

how much of a invertor is needed to run without batteries. also if we use batteries , how often you have to replace batteries ( like how many years months)?

obviously there are a lot of shops available in Rawalpindi , but the problem for me is the lack of awareness in this topic. i don't have any idea about solar panels and invertors.
*PAKISTAN ZINDABAD*
DM 900uHD
Senior Registered Member
Senior Registered Member

Post by DM 900uHD »

arslantahir1 wrote: 22 Aug 2022, 9:36 am Dear respected @DM 900uHD brother thanks for your response.

regarding your question on my budget dependency , i can manage as long as the solution is reliable and long term.

secondly your suggestion that a 1.2 Kw will be enough considering my load, won't it be better to go for a higher kw invertor may be for future proofing.

how much of a invertor is needed to run without batteries. also if we use batteries , how often you have to replace batteries ( like how many years months)?

obviously there are a lot of shops available in Rawalpindi , but the problem for me is the lack of awareness in this topic. i don't have any idea about solar panels and invertors.
Batteries less inverters start from 4.2KW ..as long my experience concerned and now a days the prices are increased .updated prices can be seen in above posts ...this brand
DSC04846.JPG
Fronus PV5000/7000 meets all the requirements like net metering and battery less operation.
the tubular batteries which I'm using since last one years ,performance has become more better than the first day ,,it is my too close observation after a rough usage by caring/maintaining properly.....batteries doesn't need to be replaced even after 5 years if those are properly maintained.
you need to focus brand and quality prior to purchase solar stuff from a trust worthy shop.
we are here to provide full guidance ;)
XDSR685HDR Avant
OPENBOX AS4K CI Pro
800HDse SIM2.10
Vu+Solo2
Solar setup detail
Fronus PV 5000 INFINEON+
Canadian 450W PV Module
lord
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by lord »

Dear Arsalan,
you can get fronus inverter from company store here in lahore, they will courier the inverter to you.
Fronus PV5000 (4kw) is recommended for future-proofing and battery-less operations. why do I recommend fronus? for better after sale service/warranty than other brands in the market. you can opt for Inverex inverters as well but they are usually more expensive and more or less with same type of quality. So the choice is yours Fronus or Inverex.
Panels are a different ball game. you have to locate importers in your area, because importers will give you slightly less price than the shop keepers. you will ask them regarding all the import documents and flash test reports as this will guarantee that the product is genuine.
atleat 5 or 6 panels (540/545watt) are recommended for better performance of the inverter.
Dreambox Two UltraHD
BT, Twin DVB-S2X MIS Tuner, Dual Wifi
Zgemma H9S SE UltraHD
DVB-S2X MIS Tuner, Wifi
Dreambox DM-800HD Se
DVB-S2 Tuner, 500GBHDD, Wifi
Samsung 50" 4K HDR+
Covering 38E, 52.5E, 88E, 93.5E, 105E
DM 900uHD
Senior Registered Member
Senior Registered Member

Post by DM 900uHD »

lord wrote: 23 Aug 2022, 11:21 am Dear Arsalan,
you can opt for Inverex inverters as well but they are usually more expensive and more or less with same type of quality. So the choice is yours Fronus or Inverex.
moreover new models like Nitrox (is being used by @loard) are not capable to work without batteries . :idea:

@AliDogar (lord)..kindly show your new updated setup with pictures ...thanks in anticipation ;)
XDSR685HDR Avant
OPENBOX AS4K CI Pro
800HDse SIM2.10
Vu+Solo2
Solar setup detail
Fronus PV 5000 INFINEON+
Canadian 450W PV Module
piplan1966
Senior Registered Member
Senior Registered Member

Post by piplan1966 »

I share a little information with you guys) 2 years ago my uncle brought a 150 watt solar plate and also brought 2 ceiling fans. The fans were running on the plate all day. He didn't have a battery, so the fans stopped at night. Now he has brought the pc supply, put the switch of the supply in the power board and connect it with the plate 2 wire supply now both the fans run at night also the supply gives 12 volt power to the
lord
Registered Member
Registered Member

Post by lord »

To Board owner/Administrator Mr. Golden,
Please rename the ID of user DM900UhD to FronusPV5000 as he has shifted his 100% interest from Enigma to Solar Generation. Much Obliged.
Dreambox Two UltraHD
BT, Twin DVB-S2X MIS Tuner, Dual Wifi
Zgemma H9S SE UltraHD
DVB-S2X MIS Tuner, Wifi
Dreambox DM-800HD Se
DVB-S2 Tuner, 500GBHDD, Wifi
Samsung 50" 4K HDR+
Covering 38E, 52.5E, 88E, 93.5E, 105E
DM 900uHD
Senior Registered Member
Senior Registered Member

Post by DM 900uHD »

lord wrote: 23 Aug 2022, 5:32 pm To Board owner/Administrator Mr. Golden,
Please rename the ID of user DM900UhD to FronusPV5000 as he has shifted his 100% interest from Enigma to Solar Generation. Much Obliged.
thanks for recommendation :lol:
waiting for your illustrated setup Mr.@lord !!!
XDSR685HDR Avant
OPENBOX AS4K CI Pro
800HDse SIM2.10
Vu+Solo2
Solar setup detail
Fronus PV 5000 INFINEON+
Canadian 450W PV Module
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic